Blueberries are becoming more popular every day because of their incredible taste and because blueberries are convenient to eat throughout the day as replacement for sweets for children and adults.
Many scientific publications show that blueberries have a positive effect on health. Blueberries are beneficial for healthy arteries, improved memory and for faster muscle recovery after exercise when blueberries are blended with banana and apple juice.
Scientific research supports that:
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants
- Daily blueberry consumption may improve blood pressure
- Daily blueberry consumption may improve arterial stiffness
- Consuming a blueberry smoothie may accelerate muscle recovery after exercise
- Blueberry supplementation may improve memory
Antioxidants inhibit oxidative stress. Oxidative stress occurs when there are to many free radicals present in your body. Free radicals are formed in the body due to stress, fatigue, air pollution, smoking, alcohol and medicine use.
When free radicals are present in your body for long periods of time they can damage your body. Antioxidants make free radicals harmless, which lowers the levels of oxidative stress.